Ignite Fat Burning, Enhance Weight Loss, and Boost Thermogenesis with NOVALEAN!
What is NOVALEAN?
NOVALEAN is a delicious-tasting, stimulant-free thermogenic powder containing 11 research-backed ingredients that support increased calorie burning and weight loss.
You may have seen other carnitine-based weight loss aids in the past, but NOVALEAN is the furthest thing from “conventional” you’ll find.
We’ve taken a multifaceted approach to fat burning by utilizing compounds that upregulate fat oxidation, downregulate adipocyte differentiation, increase calorie expenditure, and decrease appetite.*
In addition to a sizeable 3 grams of carnitine, we’ve also included nootropics to enhance focus and mental energy alongside nutrients that significantly enhance thermogenesis without the addition of stimulants.
And, true to our name, we’ve brought another industry-first ingredient to the market in 13-PPAR™ Rhizoma Coptidis extract.
Who is NOVALEAN for?
NOVALEAN can be taken by both men and women seeking to accelerate their weight loss journey. For even greater fat burning effects and appetite suppression, we recommend stacking NOVALEAN with ENDURALEAN to ensure you are maximizing each pathway for the quickest and most efficient fat melting program.
Benefits of NOVALEAN At-A-Glance
- 3 grams total carnitine*
- Supports metabolism*
- Encourages fat burning*
- Boosts energy expenditure*
- Promotes greater mental energy and focus*
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (2g)
Carnitine gets a lot of attention regarding weight loss and fat burning because the mighty molecule serves an essential role in your body’s ability to efficiently burn fat.
Carnitine is the molecular “taxi” that shuttles fatty acids from the bloodstream into the mitochondria where they can be oxidized (burned) for energy.
In other words, a deficiency in carnitine could severely impede the body’s ability to effectively burn fat for fuel.
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate is a highly bioavailable form of carnitine shown to be absorbed well in healthy individuals. In addition to providing the body a readily useable form of carnitine, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate has also been noted to reduce muscle damage from exercise, improve recovery from exercise and enhance androgen receptor density.[1,2]
Anyone who has ever dieted is all too familiar with the fatigue, lethargy, and lack of motivation that accompanies low calorie intakes. As if that’s not bad enough, an incessant brain “fog” also occurs, making it that much harder to focus on your work or training.
To promote greater mental energy, focus, and concentration, we’ve included a full gram of Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR).
Similar to the previous form of carnitine, ALCAR is another highly bioavailable form of carnitine that supports the body’s natural fat burning mechanisms. What’s really noteworthy about Acetyl L-Carnitine is that it readily crosses the blood-brain barrier, where it promotes a range of neuroprotective, neurotrophic, and mood-promoting effects.[3,4]
ALCAR also plays an important role in the synthesis of the “learning” neurotransmitter, acetylcholine.
In order to synthesize acetylcholine, neurons require acetyl-CoA and choline. ALCAR donates its acetyl group to the process providing the “backbone” of this highly important neurotransmitter, which brings us to the next ingredient in NOVALEAN...
Choline Bitartrate (1.5g)
Choline bitartrate is a popular form of supplemental choline used in nootropic formulas and pre workouts as it provides the body with extra choline to support production of acetylcholine, and thereby focus, learning, and memory.
But that’s not the only reason choline bitartrate is included here.
A number of studies have investigated the effects of combining choline alongside carnitine and found that choline increases carnitine retention in the body[5,6], which favors uncoupling of fat as well as fat mobilization.
Olive Leaf Extract (150mg)
Olive leaf extract is one of the most popular non-stimulant fat loss ingredients on the market. Oleuropein, the main bioactive present in olive leaf, has been shown in research to offer a number of effects that benefit those seeking to lose weight including[7,8]:
- Improving insulin sensitivity
- Offering protection against LDL cholesterol oxidation
- Inhibition of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, which may help limit the formation of new fat cells
Research also finds that even low doses of olive leaf extract may support thyroid function, which can lead to increased energy expenditure (and subsequently weight loss). It may also help combat chronic conditions, such as obesity, diabetes, and various metabolic disorders.
NOVALEAN utilizes an olive leaf extract standardized to 15% oleuropein.
Coleus Forskohlii (150mg)
Coleus Forskohlii has long been used in Ayurvedic medicine to promote overall health and vigor. The primary active in the plant, forskolin, has received considerable attention from dieters due to its pro-weight loss effects.
The “magic” of forskolin lies in its ability to activate the cAMP pathway in the body. cAMP (cyclic adenosine monophosphate) is an important signaling molecule used by cells for bodily function, including those tied to fat loss.
A 12-week study in men found that supplementation with forskolin significantly decreased body fat percentage and fat mass. Researchers also observed a trend towards an increase in lean mass.
Afralean is a highly concentrated extract of Grains of Paradise (Aframomum Melegueta) standardized to 16% 6-Paradol -- the most potent standardization on the market.
Research indicates that AfraLean® can improve calorie burning in a few different ways by:
Converting white adipose tissue (WAT) to brown adipose tissue (BAT)
White fat is relatively inert from an exergy burning standpoint. By “browning” white fat, Afralean® helps the body make use of its stored fat for energy production.[12,13]
Increasing metabolic rate
Resting metabolic rate is the amount of energy your body burns if all you did was lounge around all day watching TV and eating bon bons. Research demonstrates that using as low as a 30mg dose of Grains of Paradise can boost daily energy expenditure by almost 100 calories!
This same study also noted increased “browning” of white fat and a pronounced effect on subjects’ basal metabolic rate without an increase of exercise!
And, to top it off, AfraLean® is caffeine and stimulant free, meaning it will not cause feelings of anxiousness or jitters.
As if 3 grams of combined carnitine wasn’t enough, we’ve upped the ante further with the inclusion of GBB -- also known as gamma-butyrobetaine.
GBB acts as a carnitine precursor in the body and is often referred to as “super carnitine” on account of some research noting that GBB is able to significantly increase carnitine plasma levels in humans, which promotes greater fat burning.[14,15]
Be forewarned that GBB is renowned for its powerful thermogenic effects, so don’t be surprised if you feel an intense heat rush when using NOVALEAN!
InnovaPharm has made a name for itself as being one of the most innovative brands in the game, and we’ve continued our commitment to bringing new, intriguing ingredients to the market with Tri-Phase 13-PPAR™.
Tri-Phase 13-PPAR™ is an extract of Rhizoma Coptidis, which contains numerous alkaloids including 13-Methylberberine.
As the name implies, 13-methylberberine is a metabolite of berberine, a compound well known for its antihyperglycemic activities. 13-methylberberine however is shown to have improved absorption and higher accumulation in the body in comparison to berberine. 
What makes PPAR Agonists so appealing are the way they utilize fat as a primary energy source, as opposed to protein (muscle tissue) or carbohydrates (glycogen), which benefits both endurance and fat loss.
13-methylberberine down-regulates the expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARγ) and CCAAT enhancer binding protein alpha (C/EBPα) -- the main adipocyte differentiation transcription factors in the body.
Additional research also indicates that Rhizoma Coptidis may offer numerous additional health benefits by supporting healthy blood sugar and promoting cardioprotective activity.[17,18]
The final fat burning component included in NOVALEAN is fucoxanthin, a carotenoid naturally occurring in brown seaweed.
Fucoxanthin has a unique molecular structure compared to other carotenoids (such as beta-carotene). Due to the unique structure, fucoxanthin has been documented to possess strong antioxidant activity as well as a number of other noteworthy effects (cardiovascular and cerebrovascular protective).
Moreover, fucoxanthin has also been noted to enhance carbohydrate metabolism and GLUT4 expression in skeletal muscle as well as act as a beta-3 adrenergic agonist in white fat cells, upregulating Uncoupling Protein 1 (UCP1) activity, encouraging a higher metabolic rate.[20,21,22]
Consume 1 scoop mixed with 10-16 ounces of water daily.
For best results, use before exercise.
- Kraemer WJ, Volek JS, French DN, et al. The effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation on hormonal responses to resistance exercise and recovery. J strength Cond Res. 2003;17(3):455-462.
- Spiering BA, Kraemer WJ, Vingren JL, et al. Responses of criterion variables to different supplemental doses of L-carnitine L-tartrate. J strength Cond Res. 2007;21(1):259-264. doi:10.1519/R-22076.1.
- Carta A, Calvani M, Bravi D, Bhuachalla SN. Acetyl-L-carnitine and Alzheimer’s disease: pharmacological considerations beyond the cholinergic sphere. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1993;695:324-326.
- Gomez L.A., Heath S.D., Hagen T.M. “Acetyl-L-carnitine supplementation reverses the age-related decline in carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT1) activity in interfibrillar mitochondria without changing the L-carnitine content in the rat heart” Mechanics of Aging Development 2012 Feb-Mar; 133(0): 99–106.
- Dodson WL, Sachan DS. Choline supplementation reduces urinary carnitine excretion in humans. Am J Clin Nutr. 1996;63(6):904-910.
- Hongu N, Sachan DS. Carnitine and choline supplementation with exercise alter carnitine profiles, biochemical markers of fat metabolism and serum leptin concentration in healthy women. J Nutr. 2003;133(1):84-89.
- Svobodova, M., Andreadou, I., Skaltsounis, A. L., Kopecky, J., & Flachs, P; “Oleuropein as an inhibitor of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma; Genes & nutrition, 9(1), 376; 2013
- de Bock, Martin et al; Olive (Olea europaea L.) leaf polyphenols improve insulin sensitivity in middle-aged overweight men: a randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial”; PloS One; vol. 8,3; 2013
- Al-Qarawi AA, Al-Damegh MA, ElMougy SA. Effect of freeze dried extract of Olea europaea on the pituitary-thyroid axis in rats. Phytother Res. 2002 May; 16(3):286-7.
- Costford SR, Bajpeyi S, Pasarica M, et al. Skeletal muscle NAMPT is induced by exercise in humans. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010;298(1):E117–E126. doi:10.1152/ajpendo.00318.2009
- Godard, MichaGodard, M. P., Johnson, B. A., & Richmond, S. R. (2005). Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men. Obesity Research, 13(8), 1335–1343. https://doi.org/10.1038/oby.2005.162
- Sugita, J., Yoneshiro, T., Sugishima, Y., Ikemoto, T., Uchiwa, H., Suzuki, I., & Saito, M. (2014). Daily ingestion of grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract increases whole-body energy expenditure and decreases visceral fat in humans. Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology, 60(1), 22–27.
- Sugita, J., Yoneshiro, T., Hatano, T., Aita, S., Ikemoto, T., Uchiwa, H., Saito, M. (2013). Grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract activates brown adipose tissue and increases whole-body energy expenditure in men. The British Journal of Nutrition, 110(4), 733–738. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0007114512005715
- Ann Louise Olson, Charles J. Rebouche; “γ-Butyrobetaine Hydroxylase Activity is Not Rate Limiting for Carnitine Biosynthesis in the Human Infant”; The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 117, Issue 6, 1 June 1987, Pages 1024–1031
- Charles J. Rebouche, E. Peter Bosch, Catherine A. Chenard, Kay J. Schabold, Steven E. Nelson; “Utilization of Dietary Precursors for Carnitine Synthesis in Human Adults”; The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 119, Issue 12, 1 December 1989, Pages 1907–1913
- Chow, Y.-L., Sogame, M., & Sato, F. (2016). 13-Methylberberine, a berberine analogue with stronger anti-adipogenic effects on mouse 3T3-L1 cells. Scientific Reports, 6, 38129. https://doi.org/10.1038/srep38129
- Tan HL, Chan KG, Pusparajah P, et al. Rhizoma Coptidis: A Potential Cardiovascular Protective Agent. Front Pharmacol. 2016;7:362. Published 2016 Oct 7. doi:10.3389/fphar.2016.00362
- Wang H, Mu W, Shang H, Lin J, Lei X. The antihyperglycemic effects of Rhizoma Coptidis and mechanism of actions: a review of systematic reviews and pharmacological research. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:798093. doi:10.1155/2014/798093
- Zhang H, Tang Y, Zhang Y, et al. Fucoxanthin: A Promising Medicinal and Nutritional Ingredient. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2015;2015:723515. doi:10.1155/2015/723515
- Maeda H, et al; Anti-obesity and anti-diabetic effects of fucoxanthin on diet-induced obesity conditions in a murine model . Mol Med Report. (2009)
- Maeda H, et al; Fucoxanthin from edible seaweed, Undaria pinnatifida, shows antiobesity effect through UCP1 expression in white adipose tissues . Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (2005)
- Abidov M, et al; The effects of Xanthigen in the weight management of obese premenopausal women with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and normal liver fat . Diabetes Obes Metab. (2010)